Each summer we strive to be the greenest we have ever been. We hope you will get on board with us, as a way to help our environment, and as an opportunity for your camper to realize that they can make a difference each day.
“We don’t need a handful of people doing zero waste perfectly. We need millions of people doing it imperfectly.” – Anne-Marie Bonneau
Here are some tips for packing a zero-waste lunch:
* bring a reusable lunch box, clearly labeled with your child’s name
* include a cool pack within
* use a refillable thermos or bottle, rather than single-use plastic
* buying in bulk and using refillable containers save on packaging
* keep a reusable knife, fork and spoon and a cloth napkin in the lunch box
* everything from your child’s lunch will go back home with them, so that you can see what (if anything) is not being eaten, and adjust accordingly to reduce food waste
* at home, properly dispose of, recycle, reduce, reuse or compost everything in the lunch box (having your camper assist you is a great way to reinforce these habits!)
Remember: When we throw something ‘away’, we know that this isn’t actually possible. There is no such place as ‘away’!
Helpful tips for packing waste-free lunches + lunch bags, containers, reusable snack baggies, and more.